We develop all aspects of the site to reflect the ethos of the organisation and act as a testing ground, ideas development and working space for many of Grizedale's projects.
Lawson Park has four live / work rooms, plentiful communal space for eating and relaxing, a library and a warden's cottage. There are vegetable and fruit gardens, a large polytunnel, an orchard and various outbuildings. Residents and staff are expected to work on the land and gardens regularly, and the building is used periodically for small conferences and events.
Lawson Park also houses a growing collection of notable British design and craft objects, the Lawson Park Collection, in use daily by staff and residents.
There are a number of artist's commissions within the house and on the land, including:
- furniture by Adam Chodzko and Wapke Feenstra
- a library by Guestroom
- sculpture by Olaf Breuning
- a chicken house / shed by Pablo Bronstein
- wallpaper by DJ Simpson & upholstery by Laura Davies
- landscape interventions by Tom Watt, Tanad William & Andreas Von Knobloch
- a fireplace by Peter Hodgson
- 'Anchorhold' sculptures by Sutherland Hussey Harris Architects
Though the site is not open to the general public, we invite interested people to contact us to arrange a visit.
(Right: Poster shot at Lawson Park by Yes / Donald Milne for Agrifashionista.tv)
- DJ Simpson
- Adam Chodzko
- Wapke Feenstra
- Lee Borthwick
- Peter Hodgson
- Laura Davies
- Harvey Wilkinson