Join us for a very special Saturday of events and activities hosted in and around the Coniston Institute. The programme will recreate and document the innumerable legendary happenings that have taken place in this unique community village hub since its redevelopment seven-years ago - from the inimitable activities of the Institute's Youth Club (The New Mechanics), to village fancy-dress parties.
The day full day's programme will include:
- 1001 Village Nights, a retrospective exhibition chronicling Grizedale Arts seven-year relationship with the village of Coniston.
- A special, once-in-a-lifetime, combined Honest Shop where you will be able to purchase village classics alongside various art multiples produced by some of Grizedale Arts artist alumni.
- The Coniston Institute Reading Room Talks Programme, see bookable events below.
- The Grizedale Arts Office Archive: From David Nash to Jeremy Deller, chronicling 40 years of Grizedale Arts (nee Society) history in an office setting.
- The Coniston Institute Library will be open for visitors to sit and browse a number of one-off special reference displays highlighting some of the more convoluted historic and contemporary mores of the area and culture.
- Turner Prize winning artist and Grizedale Arts alumni, Laure Prouvost's Grandma's Art School will be hosted by Jocelyn McGregor in the Ruskin Museum meadow. At night, the art school will transform into a children's restaurant.
Timings and further details on all of the above events and activities are available in the full programme PDF below.
pdf – 2.90 MB